I have decided to start doing a weekly blog post about books, school, or really anything interesting that has happened in my life! I figured that the best way to start off “Tell Me About It Thursdays” is with 25 bookish facts about me! I see a lot of these posts and videos floating around on booktube, booklr, and bookstagram and I thought it’d be a great way for you all to get to know me, so I’m hopping on the bandwagon (or is it called bookwagon? Thoughts?).
25 BOOKISH FACTS ABOUT ME, EMMAREADSFORFUN:
- I read the Twilight Saga in 5th/6th grade and to this day I’m confused as to why nobody stopped me.
- I only got to the 4th book in the Series of Unfortunate Events series.
- I dog-earred my pages up until halfway through my sophomore year in high school.
- I still haven’t read the Hobbit (but you bet your buns it’s on my 2017 TBR).
- I’m still hopelessly in love with Jacob Black.
- I’ve read all 3 books in the 50 Shades series.
- The Harry Potter series was the series that made me fall in love with books.
- I’m majoring in English with a concentration in Creative Writing!
- My main plan is to write fantasy novels, but my backup plan is to go into publishing.
- I don’t like Jane Austen, sorry.
- I used to love John Green books to the point where they were the only books I talked about my entire freshman year of high school.
- I have 3 signed Sarah J. Maas books: Queen of Shadows, Empire of Storms, and A Court of Mist and Fury.
- Y’all already know this but Sarah J. Maas is my favorite author and I would sell my left foot to meet her.
- I read a grand total of 55 books in 2016.
- My Goodreads goal for 2017 is 50 books, but I’m aiming for 60-100.
- My favorite genre is high fantasy, but I can get down with some sci-fi every now and then.
- I have most definitely cancelled plans to finish a book and I regret nothing.
- I watched Game of Thrones before I read A Game of Thrones.
- I like Jem Carstairs more than I liked Will Herondale.
- I’ve started buying a lot of literary studies on feminism in the 18th and 19th centuries for fun.
- I discovered that I love Victorian literature and now I have a whole bookshelf dedicated to classics.
- I relate to Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell on a spiritual level.
- I have ADHD so it’s hard for me to focus on reading for long periods of time, but over the past year and a half I’ve developed better concentration skills and I can now read 100 pages in one sitting!
- Also, I loved the Percy Jackson series because it was awesome to read about a character who dealt with the same things I do.
- Last but not least….. I WRITE IN MY BOOKS! Yes, hate me all you want, but I like to annotate my schoolbooks/classics because they help me concentrate and understand what’s going on!
So these are 25 bookish facts about me, do with them what you will. I hope you all have a lovely Thursday, and an even better Friday!
Follow me on my social media to keep up with my book goals or to see what I’m up to!